The Watermelon Peperomia is a fun houseplant named for the leaves that incredibly resemble watermelon rind. As an indoor plant, it stays fairly compact making a great desktop, tabletop, or bedside plant. This Peperomia also considered low-maintenance and pet-safe, so it’s a great choice for beginners or as a gift.
- This current batch is very full, large, & nearly ready for a 6" pot -
Size: 4” (pot diameter)
Scientific name: Peperomia argyreia (‘argyreia’ translating to ‘silvery’)
Common Names: Peperomia watermelon, Peperomia sandersii, Watermelon Begonia
Appearance: Smooth, shiny leaves with green and silvery green alternating stripes. The stems are purple and the plant stays small, reaching 6-10 inches in height. Slim, spike-like blooms can appear when conditions are favorable.
Origin: South America
Care: Prefers a brightly lit spot with no direct sun exposure, but can tolerate lower levels of light too. Intolerant of overwatering, so allow the top half of soil to dry out before watering again.
Level of Simplicity: Easy
Toxicity: Considered safe & non-toxic (to cats, dogs, humans)
Benefits: Peperomia are known for air-purifying potential, and in some cultures symbolize luck.
- Ships within 3-5 business days (more details)
- All shipments come with electronic ‘Care Cards’ with detailed information about your new plant!
- Shipped as shown, in nursery growing container
- Being that each live plant is completely unique, the plant you receive may vary slightly in size, shape, appearance.